High Level List of Services Offered:
- Install lever-type faucets, or a faucet with a single lever to control flow and temperature.
- Install pull-out shelves under counter to enable you to work from a seated position.
- Lower existing cupboards.
- Install “D” type handles on cupboards or drawers.
- Provide electrical outlets for small appliances in more convenient locations.
- Install a smoke alarm outside, but close to, the kitchen.
- Install a fire extinguisher near the kitchen exit.
- Install shelves for storage to aid in accessibility of items.
- Install a grab bar within easy reach.
- Install additional light fixtures near the mirror or medicine cabinet.
- Install non-slip flooring throughout the bathroom.
- Install lever-type faucets or a faucet with a single lever to control flow.
- Adjust the hot-water heater or install a device that will prevent the water from reaching too high a temperature.
- Install a hand-held shower on adjustable rod or high-low mounting brackets.
- Install height adjusted toilets.
- Install low profile showers with seating area.
- Add a ramp to bypass existing steps.
- Install light fixtures or floodlights to illuminate entrances, steps and walkways.
- Add a grab bar or handle near steps or doorway.
- Install a delayed-action door closer.
- Install lever-type door handles.
- Install easily accessible light switches or sensors to control outside lights.
Stairs and Hallways
- Improve lighting in stairs.
- Install three-way light switches at top and bottom of stairs.
- Install or repair existing rails or install new rails.
- Extend handrails beyond the top and bottom of steps.
- Install “swing clear hinges” on doors to widen doorways.
- Install handrails along corridor walls.
- Install night lighting to provide a lighted path from the bedroom to the bathroom.
- Relocate bedroom to main floor level.
Basement and Laundry Area
- Install shelves or storage near appliances so that washing supplies can be conveniently located.
- Relocating laundry to a more convenient location in the home to eliminate stairs for access.
Closet and Storage
- Add or lower shelves.
- Install lights in closets.
- Add or lower rods.